Hi Jukka,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. :-)

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Jukka Rissanen <
jukka.rissa...@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Harshal,
>

> On 17.04.2013 08:24, harshal patel wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am planning to test behavior of "dhcp6c" of ConnMan.
>> In opensource there is test suite provided by TAHi for checking DHCPv6
>> client compliance to RFCs.
>> (http://www.tahi.org/logo/**dhcpv6/<http://www.tahi.org/logo/dhcpv6/>
>> )
>>
>> I have performed this on dhcp6c client of "wide-dhcpv6".
>>
>> To perform TAHI testing on ConnMan, basically we need to configure dhcp6c
>> of ConnMan in the way TAHI expects.
>>
>> I am newbie to ConnMan. As far as I know, ConnMan has internal dhcp6c
>> client which can be started/configured using Python test scripts. (I am
>> not
>> sure, whether there is better way to control it, please let me know if you
>> are aware of it) But I couldn't figure out following things:
>> *1. How to know whether dhcp6c of ConnMan is running.*
>>
>>     * e.g. using "ps" command or something.
>>

> The dhcpv6 client is integrated in connmand and it works pretty much
> automatically. You get dhcpv6 activated if these two conditions are met:
>
> 1. IPv6 method of the connecting service is set to AUTO. By default the
> IPv6 method is AUTO. You can see the current method by giving these
> commands:
>      connmanctl services
> from the generated list, pickup a <service-id> of the desired service
>      connmanctl services --properties <service-id>
>
> AND
> 2. DHCPv6 is automatically started if connmand receives router
> advertisement message that tells we should use dhcpv6 addresses from the
> server. If RA message is not received or it tells we should only use SLAAC,
> then DHCPv6 is not activated.

I have also tried the same using "set-ipv6-method", which I guess similar
to connmanctl.

But here, everything depends on RA. I was just wondering is there any way
to select the way(stateless/statefull) dhcp6c started by user?
I mean, can user select any one of this method of dhcp6c:
1. Statelss DHCPv6 (info request only)
2. Statefull DHCPv6

>  *2. Is there any dhcp6c.conf or similar file in ConnMan. If yes, where is
>> it located? And how to modify it.*
>>

> There is no configuration file for that. One can turn off DHCPv6 if the
> service IPv6 method is set to something else than AUTO, like OFF for
> example. You can set the method to OFF using this command
>      connmanctl config <service-id> --ipv6 off

I guess, if I switch IPv6 in manual mode then it should be fine. What you
think?

>> This can be* benchmark for "dhcp6c" behavior of ConnMan*.

Thanks.

~HK