Hi,

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Jukka Rissanen <
jukka.rissa...@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
>> Hi Jukka,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your prompt reply. :-)
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Jukka Rissanen
>> <jukka.rissanen@linux.intel.**com <jukka.rissa...@linux.intel.com><mailto:
>> jukka.rissanen@linux.**intel.com <jukka.rissa...@linux.intel.com>>>
>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi Harshal,
>>

>>     On 17.04.2013 08:24, harshal patel wrote:
>>
>>         Hi all,
>>
>>         I am planning to test behavior of "dhcp6c" of ConnMan.
>>         In opensource there is test suite provided by TAHi for checking
>>         DHCPv6
>>         client compliance to RFCs.
>> (http://www.tahi.org/logo/__**dhcpv6/<http://www.tahi.org/logo/__dhcpv6/>
>>         <http://www.tahi.org/logo/**dhcpv6/<http://www.tahi.org/logo/dhcpv6/>
>> >)
>>

>>         I have performed this on dhcp6c client of "wide-dhcpv6".
>>
>>         To perform TAHI testing on ConnMan, basically we need to
>>         configure dhcp6c
>>         of ConnMan in the way TAHI expects.
>>
>>         I am newbie to ConnMan. As far as I know, ConnMan has internal
>>         dhcp6c
>>         client which can be started/configured using Python test
>>         scripts. (I am not
>>         sure, whether there is better way to control it, please let me
>>         know if you
>>         are aware of it) But I couldn't figure out following things:
>>         *1. How to know whether dhcp6c of ConnMan is running.*
>>
>>              * e.g. using "ps" command or something.
>>

>>     The dhcpv6 client is integrated in connmand and it works pretty much
>>     automatically. You get dhcpv6 activated if these two conditions are
>> met:
>>
>>     1. IPv6 method of the connecting service is set to AUTO. By default
>>     the IPv6 method is AUTO. You can see the current method by giving
>>     these commands:
>>           connmanctl services
>>     from the generated list, pickup a <service-id> of the desired service
>>           connmanctl services --properties <service-id>
>>
>>     AND
>>     2. DHCPv6 is automatically started if connmand receives router
>>     advertisement message that tells we should use dhcpv6 addresses from
>>     the server. If RA message is not received or it tells we should only
>>     use SLAAC, then DHCPv6 is not activated.
>>

>> I have also tried the same using "set-ipv6-method", which I guess
>> similar to connmanctl.
>>

> Yes, that python script can be used also for this purpose.
>

>> But here, everything depends on RA. I was just wondering is there any
>> way to select the way(stateless/statefull) dhcp6c started by user?
>> I mean, can user select any one of this method of dhcp6c:
>> 1. Statelss DHCPv6 (info request only)
>> 2. Statefull DHCPv6
>>

> No, address selection is suppose to be automatic so no user interaction is
> needed or desired. The network should tell what services it support and we
> use it automatically.
>
> I understand current implementation. However, it seems TAHI testing
requires dhcp6c client to start in "Stateless Mode" in certain testcases.
(RFC 3736).

And I guess, almost all dhcp6c client allows end user to select the mode in
which dhcp6c should be started. Then why ConnMan doesn't have that feature?

Apart from this does dhcp6c of Connman support other features? Like,
1. temporary address
2. rapid-commit
3. dhcp6c on multiple interface
4. prefix delegation (with T1, T2)
. . .

>>         *2. Is there any dhcp6c.conf or similar file in ConnMan. If yes,
>>         where is
>>         it located? And how to modify it.*
>>

>>     There is no configuration file for that. One can turn off DHCPv6 if
>>     the service IPv6 method is set to something else than AUTO, like OFF
>>     for example. You can set the method to OFF using this command
>>           connmanctl config <service-id> --ipv6 off
>>

>> I guess, if I switch IPv6 in manual mode then it should be fine. What
>> you think?
>>

> Manual mode means static ip address so no dhcpv6 is started in that mode.
>

>>         This can be* benchmark for "dhcp6c" behavior of ConnMan*.

Thanks.

~HK