Hi,

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Patrik Flykt <patrik.fl...@linux.intel.com
> wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 10:47 +0530, harshal patel wrote:
> > As per Section RFC 3315 "15.1  Use of Transaction IDs":
> > "A client MUST leave the transaction ID unchanged in retransmissions
> > of a
> > message."
> >
> > However, in my case when ConnMan starts sending Info-Req, it changes
> > Transaction ID every time.
> >
> > Is this desired behavior(violating RFC) or bug?
>
> Bug. We're supposed to follow relevant RFCs to the extent they're
> practically possible to implement.
>
> Thanks for taking up this task! When done, could you send a mail to the
> mailing list stating RFC conformance and which test set(s) were run?
> Documenting the results on the ml would be really appreciated. From that
> we can then write a short summary to the README file.

I have done one round of testing with TAHI test suite and updated summary
in the attached file with details.

~HK
RFC Conformance of DHCPv6 client of ConnMan:

1. Test tool used
2. Summary of Results
3. Categories of Failure
4. Violation to RFCs found
5. Summary

1. Test tool used
-----------------
 * For veryfying Conformance to RFCs, TAHI test tools are used.
 * What is TAHI?
   * "testing program to demonstrate that product is IPv6 Ready"
      * http://tahi.org/
   * Purpose
      * Message of the readiness of IPv6
      * Improve interoperatibility of IPv6 implementations
      * Totally: Make users to feel easy to use IPv6
 * Target RFCs for DHCPv6 client:
    * RFC 3315 - Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6(DHCPv6)
        * RFC 3646 - DNS Configuration options for Dynamic Host Configuration
Protocol for IPv6(DHCPv6)
        * RFC 3736 - Stateless Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol(DHCP)
Service for IPv6
 * Details of Test Environment/Test Specification can be found in following
document:
    * https://www.ipv6ready.org/docs/Phase2_DHCPv6_Conformance_Latest.pdf
 * Test tools and results for other clients are available at:
    * http://www.tahi.org/logo/dhcpv6/

2. Summary of Results:
----------------------
+--------------+-------------+----------+---------+--------+
| RFC          |    TOTAL    |   PASS   |   FAIL  |   NA   |
+--------------+-------------+----------+---------+--------+
|  3315        |    99       |    19    |    75   |   5    |
|  3646        |    31       |    5     |    21   |   5    |
|  3736        |    31       |    18    |    8    |   5    |
+--------------+-------------+----------+---------+--------+

3. Major Categories of Failure:
-------------------------------
 * Error message/category with RFC and Test Case Number

  "Could not get Confirm Message"
  RFC3315: 3, 41, 44, 45, 75

  "Cannot get DNS Query message"
  RFC 3646: 20, 23,
  RFC 3736: 2, 4, 12, 13

  "Could not get Decline Message"
  RFC 3315: 6, 7, 29, 60, 61, 63, 81,

  "Opt_DHCPv6_ElapsedTime not found'
  RFC 3315: 23, 24, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 39, 47, 49
  RFC 3736: 10, 11

  "Could not get Rebind Message"
  RFC 3315: 27, 52, 66, 79,
  RFC 3646: 14

  "Could not get Solicit Message"
  RFC 3315: 65,

  "message identifier is not same "
  RFC 3315: 82, 83, 84, 85, 87,
  RFC 3736: 9

  "requested-option-code is not Domain Search List option"
  RFC 3646: 3, 5,

  "Option Code is not found"
  RFC 3736: 8

  "Unspecified Reason/Needs more investigation"
  RFC3315: 5, 6, 9, 21, 22, 25, 26, 28, 37, 42, 43, 46, 48, 50, 51, 53, 54, 55,
56, 57, 58, 59, 62,
           64, 67, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 76, 77, 78, 80, 86, 88, 89, 90, 91,
93, 95, 97, 99
  RFC 3646: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25

4. Violation to RFCs found
---------------------------
Note: Following are the Violation which have been observed till now, the list
may grow long.

 *  RFC 3315
   Section: 15.1 Use of Transaction IDs
   "A client MUST leave the transaction ID unchanged in retransmissions of a
message."
   * ConnMan changes the Transaction ID every time.

 * RFC 3315
   Section: 22.9 Elapsed Time Option
   "A client MUST include an Elapsed Time option in messages to indicate
   how long the client has been trying to complete a DHCP message
   exchange."
   * ConnMan doesn't have this option in message.

5. Summary