Hi,

I suppose your device is very closely related to Ponniah Natarajan's
system, so you can perhaps find the answers to his questions useful.

On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 19:02 +0000, Thangamanimaran, Radhakris (R.)
wrote:
> One is a WiFi interface & other one is a USB Gadget based Ethernet
> interface. The WiFi one is expected to have internet connectivity.
> The system use case is getting both the technologies connected at the
> same time.

Always preferring WiFi for the Internet uplink can be achieved by
setting PreferredTechnologies = wifi in /etc/connman/main.conf.

But is the ethernet also an uplink - i.e. should ConnMan try to get IP
addresses for it via DHCP, or is it something the rest of the system
just needs for its internal connectivity? If it's the latter, you can
enable tetehring for ethernet and let ConnMan be the entity handing out
IP addresses with DHCP. At this point there is no need to configure
PreferredTechnologies as ethernet is no more an uplink connection.

> The notes / mail threads I read indicates connman can connect to one
> technology at any given time, based on the preference list in the
> configuration. Does this one connection refers to internet
> connectivity or a general device connection through that defined
> technology?

ConnMan thinks of all networks as being candidates for Internet
connectivity unless told to tether some of them. When tethering is
enabled for a technology, there won't be any services announced for this
technology.

> In the same sense, does the connman state "online" or "ready" is
> related to internet connectivity?

Yes. These states are only defined for ConnMan services.

Cheers,

        Patrik