Hi JP,

On 06/26/2014 07:33 PM, Jose Pablo Carballo wrote:
> I am using ConnMan 0.55 to be compatible with the software stack that is
> running in my embedded system. Newer versions of ConnMan would require
> newer versions of libresolv, glib, and others, so my plan is to continue
> with 0.55.

0.55 is really old and I fear that no one is able to help you with that
version in case you hit a real bug. Which shouldn't be hard to find...
These were the dark ages.

But I would suggest you to look at getting a new version of ConnMan
compiled on your system. You might need to add some workarounds in
ConnMan to get it working again but I think this approach has more
potential to succeed.

> To give you more context, my system does not have ethernet, I just have one
> wifi interface "wlan0". I'm able to scan using this interface (iw wlan0
> scan), and connect to secured networks using wpa_supplicant, etc. Now I
> want to use ConnMan on top of wpa_supplicant.
>
> I've been having some difficulty finding documentation for using ConnMan
> 0.55, since other documentation assume for example the existence of
> connmanctl (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Connman), which I don't
> think is in version 0.55. I'm a bit lost also on how to use ConnMan, so any
> help is appreciated.

That version has no command line tool written in C to control ConnMan.
Only Python based scripts are available (see test directory in the
source tree). I presume you don't have a Python environment on your system?
> I've cross-compiled CM with these options: --enable-wifi --enable-test
> --enable-client --enable-resolvconf

If you don't want standalone plugins you can do a builtin plugin via
--enable-wifi=builtin. Just a side node. Nothing to do with your question.

> The files that I get installed in my filesystem are:
>
>   /etc/dbus-1/system.d/connman.conf
>   /usr/lib/connman/plugins/wifi.la
>   /usr/sbin/connmand
>
> With these, I'm running the daemon after bringing the interface up
> (ifconfig wlan0 up) and nothing more:
>
>   connmand --debug --device wlan0 --plugin wifi --wifi nl80211
>
> From these, I'm not sure about the "--wifi" option, I specified nl80211.
> The daemon starts without complaints.

Are you sure the device is called wlan0? You don't need to list it
explicitly. ConnMan should pick it up.

> So far, I've been able to execute these commands to talk with CM through
> dbus:
>
> # gdbus introspect --system -d org.moblin.connman -o /
>
> node / {
>   interface org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable {
>     methods:
>       Introspect(out s arg_0);
>   };
>   interface org.moblin.connman.Manager {
>     methods:
>       GetProperties(out a{sv} arg_0);
>       SetProperty(in  s arg_0,
>                   in  v arg_1);
>       GetState(out s arg_0);
>       CreateProfile(in  s arg_0,
>                     out o arg_1);
>       RemoveProfile(in  o arg_0);
>       RemoveProvider(in  s arg_0);
>       RequestScan(in  s arg_0);
>       EnableTechnology(in  s arg_0);
>       DisableTechnology(in  s arg_0);
>       GetServices(out a(oa{sv}) arg_0);
>       LookupService(in  s arg_0,
>                     out o arg_1);somewhere
>       ConnectService(in  a{sv} arg_0,
>                      out o arg_1);
>       ConnectProvider(in  a{sv} arg_0,
>                       out o arg_1);
>       RegisterAgent(in  o arg_0);
>       UnregisterAgent(in  o arg_0);
>       RegisterCounter(in  o arg_0,
>                       in  u arg_1,
>                       in  u arg_2);
>       UnregisterCounter(in  o arg_0);
>       RequestSession(in  s arg_0,
>                      out o arg_1);
>       ReleaseSession(in  s arg_0);
>     signals:
>       PropertyChanged(s arg_0,
>                       v arg_1);
>       StateChanged(s arg_0);
>   };
>   node profile
> };
>

> It seems to me that I only have available the "Manager" interface, and I
> can't do much with it. If, for instance, I do GetProperties I understand
> that I don't have AvailableTechnologies:
>
>  # dbus call --system -d org.moblin.connman -o / -m
> org.moblin.connman.Manager.GetProperties
> ({'ActiveProfile': <objectpath '/profile/default'>, 'Profiles':
> <[objectpath '/profile/default']>, 'Services': <@ao []>, 'Providers': <@ao
> []>, 'Technologies': <@ao []>, 'State': <'offline'>, 'OfflineMode':
> <false>, 'Tethering': <false>, 'AvailableTechnologies': <@as []>,
> 'EnabledTechnologies': <@as []>, 'ConnectedTechnologies': <@as []>,
> 'DefaultTechnology': <''>, 'AvailableDebugs': <@as []>, 'EnabledDebugs':
>

> So I'm a bit lost, hopefully someone can point me to some documentation to
> look at, or a missing configuration file?

First, OfflineMode is off, which is good. Second the wifi technology
should show up when ConnMan was able to find an adapter/device. Can you
post the log output from ConnMan somewhere an send a link here (e.g
pastbin)?

cheers,
daniel