On Wed, Feb 4, 2015, at 16:06, Jukka Rissanen wrote:
> You might be able to configure connman to use your 127.0.0.53 server by
> configuring it to each service you are using (have not tested this
> thou). Example: connmanctl config your_service_id --nameservers
> 127.0.0.53
> and then running connman with dnsproxy enabled.

Thanks

Yeah, I saw some settings for this today, but then I need to do this for
every network I connect with, not to mention setting might get "lost" on
upgrades/reinstalls since they're not in /etc...

Simply leaving /etc/resolv.conf alone seems like the simplest/most
foolproof way to me. It gives the user control to do "exotic" (which my
setup apparently is) and/or "smart" things; this fits well with my UNIX
philosophy :-) But I don't know if it also fits with connman's
philosophy ;-)

Another way might be to add some way to (globally) control nameserver
settings from connman, but that's more complicated...

Or connman could be left as-is, and my esoteric setup would be
considered "unsupported" (I would not prefer this, obviously :-) ).

Cheers