On Wed, 2015-02-04 at 17:11 +0200, Tomasz Bursztyka wrote:
> No, afaik you need to disable dnsproxy. Or then you will end up with:
>
> dnsproxy configured to use 127.0.0.53 as nameserver, and resolv.conf
> with 127.0.0.1 as nameserver. Duplicated local dns cache/forwarder.
>
> If dnsproxy is disable, resolv.conf will directly get the 127.0.0.53

To do this with the least amount of hassle with ConnMan while having
adsuck listening on 127.0.0.53 and forwarding queries to unbound on
127.0.0.54 - which I strongly suggest should forward all queries to
Google's name servers https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/ -
do this for each service:

'connmanctl config XXXXXXXXXX nameservers 127.0.0.53', where XXXXX is
the service id printed by connmanctl.

Add --nodnsproxy to the systemd service file or init.d/ script as an
argument to the connman executable. This prevents the device from doing
double DNS caching by disabling ConnMan's caching.

Add 127.0.0.53 in the FallbackNameservers directive in main.conf as this
is the entry used when doing tethering with the --nodnsproxy option set
or if _no_ nameserver info has been provided via DHCP for some utterly
misconfigured server side reason or static IP address.

Doing it this way is admittedly a bit more work but has the benefit of
being a configuration supported by upstream :-).

Cheers,

        Patrik