Hi

I'm studying connman's code and I'm interested in limiting access to some API. I found that there is a mechanism for defining security plugins, that set GDBusSecurityTable by calling g_dbus_register_security().
There is only one such plugin implemented - polkit plugin.

However IMO it seems to be dead.
It registers polkit checks for privileges: CONNMAN_PRIVILEGE_MODIFY and CONNMAN_PRIVILEGE_SECRET, but all gdbus methods registered with GDBUS_*_METHOD macros do not set privilege field in GDBusMethodTable structure. Because of that security checks are never run, because method->privilege never equals security->privilege (check_privilege() function in gdbus/object.c).

So I have few questions:
* What am I missing? How this security works ?
* Are there any plans for defining privileges for methods ?

Best regards
Lukasz Wojciechowski