On 2015-04-28 13:15, Lukasz Wojciechowski wrote:
> Thank You Sven
>
> I did see the dbus conf, but it allows only robust security
> configuration at the level of interfaces and already defined users.

Take a look at dbus-daemon's documentation. It allows member-level
configuration, not just interfaces, and can work with groups just as
well as users.

> I would like to have more granularity and that is why I analyzed
> security plugins.
>
> Let me give an example:
> I would like to allow only some users to configure wifi. Users can be
> created at runtime of a system. I would have to change connman-dbus.conf
> every time a user is created, removed or I just want to limit his/her
> privileges. With polkit working I can change or add rules that can
> distinguish users and methods not only interfaces.
>
> I just wonder if anyone uses it or is interested in maintaining that
> mechanism or is it just a relict of the past.
>
> Best regards
> Lukasz
>
> W dniu 2015-04-28 o 13:02, Sven Schwedas pisze:
>> On 2015-04-28 12:42, Lukasz Wojciechowski wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm studying connman's code and I'm interested in limiting access to
>>> some API.
>>> I found that there is a mechanism for defining security plugins, that
>>> set GDBusSecurityTable by calling g_dbus_register_security().
>>> There is only one such plugin implemented - polkit plugin.
>>>
>>> However IMO it seems to be dead.
>>> It registers polkit checks for privileges: CONNMAN_PRIVILEGE_MODIFY and
>>> CONNMAN_PRIVILEGE_SECRET,
>>> but all gdbus methods registered with GDBUS_*_METHOD macros do not set
>>> privilege field in GDBusMethodTable structure.
>>> Because of that security checks are never run, because method->privilege
>>> never equals security->privilege (check_privilege() function in
>>> gdbus/object.c).
>>>
>>> So I have few questions:
>>> * What am I missing? How this security works ?
>>> * Are there any plans for defining privileges for methods ?
>> Connman uses DBus' bus policies to limit access, cf.
>>
>>> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/network/connman/connman.git/tree/src/connman-dbus.conf
>>>
>> and the respective file for connman-vpn. Distributions seem to tweak
>> those to limit/grant access.
>>
>> No idea what the other code is for.

Sven Schwedas
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP: sven.schwe...@tao.at | +43 (0)680 301 7167
http://software.tao.at