Worth investigating - though I'd prefer we move to a trigger rather than poll based build if we can, and move the poll to daily in case a trigger gets missed.

Also, remember not all SCMs support this (eg, CVS).

- Brett

On 16/01/2007, at 12:54 AM, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

I think we need to change the changes check. Actually, we do an update on all projects to check if we have changes. It will be better to use the status command (I don't know if this command exist in all SCM), but with svn, we'll can use 'svn status -u'

I think the changes check will improve performance when working copy is up-to-date

Emmanuel

Brett Porter a écrit :
That doesn't actually matter for the client side speed boost. I'm running 1.4.2 on continuum now.
- Brett
On 15/01/2007, at 2:21 PM, Brian E. Fox wrote:
The svn.apache.org server is a little old too: Powered by Subversion
version 1.3.1 (r19032).

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Porter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:46 PM
To: continuum-dev@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Trusting in our own dog food

yeah, it's subversion 1.1.4 (ouch!).

I'm going to look at upgrading!

On 11/01/2007, at 11:27 PM, Federico Yankelevich wrote:

I read on svn changelog that SVN v1.4 increased a lot the speed for
comparing local copy with repository.
Maybe continuum is very slow in SVN update because it is using SVN
1.3 (both
client and server needs to be updated)

see http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.4_releasenotes.html

just my 2 cents,
Federico

brettporter wrote:

Yes, I have a script to automate installing the latest build (though
would need changes if continuum_ci was turned off).

1.1 is running very well thanks to some sleuthing by Wendy and quick
fixes from Emmanuel.

My biggest concern is the scalability of polling. It currently takes about 30 minutes to just run through all the required svn up commands

to detect if builds are needed for all the Maven projects.

- Brett