On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 08:43:08AM +0200, Tomasz Pik wrote:
> On 19/07/05, Trygve Laugstøl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 02:59:20PM +0200, Tomasz Pik wrote:
> > > During Continuum evaluation I've found following problem:
> > > in some cases I've to define repository/connection elements using
> > > properties:
> > > <repository>
> > >  <connection>
> > >   scm:cvs:pserver:${scm1.server}:/root/to/repo:module
> > >  </connection>
> > > </repository>
> > > because CVS is available through secured pserver and real location
> > > depends on
> > > machine, where code is executed (cvs.remotemachine.com or sometimes
> > > just localhost), so scm1.server is defined in $HOME/build.properties.
> > > This works perfectly with Maven 1 and SCM plugin but I don't see the way
> > > to get Continuum working that way - even if I modify Continuum database
> > > manually to correct URL, my changes are overriden on next build and then
> > > SCM part of Continnum reports problems with
> > > scm:cvs:pserver:${scm1.server}:/root/to/repo:module
> > > Is there a way to use such filtering in Continuum?
> >
> > We will most likely not support Maven 1 projects beeing added with a
> > <extend> element and cannot contain any variable parameters like this. But
> > we will make a Maven 1 plugin for adding the project to Continuum.
>
> Yes, this solve the problem of adding Maven1 projects to Continuum.
> But later, after first update Continuum will read updated project.xml and
> replace ContinnumProject.scmUrl with
> scm:cvs:pserver:${scm1.server}:/root/to/repo:module
> It seems that I must have real scm url in scmUrl.
> What about servers, that do not have anonymous access, so real username
> must be defined in project.xml? It cannot be
> scm:cvs:pserver:userx:cvs.server.comp:/root/to/repo:module
> because Maven SCM plugin won't work for usery, it cannot be
> scm:cvs:pserver:${cvs.username}:cvs.server.comp:/root/to/repo:module
> because Continuum won't be able to update project correctly.
>
> Maybe there should be a configurable set of properties, that Continuum
> reads from project.xml and updates in internal structures.
> Currrently, IIRC it's artifactId/groupId, name, version and scmUrl and
> nagEmailAddress.
> And... I'd like not to update scmURL... that will solve my problem.

Your points seem valid and we've already got some of them in JIRA.
Continuum should not re-read some fields of the POM, at least not groupId,
artifactId and SCM URL. The version is useful to re-read IMO.

CONTINUUM-156[1]: "should validate that an updated pom doesn't change too
drastically"

CONTINUUM-186[1]: "Can't set password in SCM url and neither a field is
available for it". This should include storing SCM credentials.

[1]: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-156
[1]: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-186

Feel free to comment on these issues if you have anything to say.

--
Trygve