Ok, I'm starting to understand...

I have performed another test specifying the pom url of "leaf" project named
common.
Then I went to see logs and the sensible log rows are these(I've cut some
shallow info):
WARN  WagonManager:default           - Unable to get resource
'org.pss.toolkit:toolkit-parent:pom:1' from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
INFO  Continuum:default              - Created 0 projects.
INFO  Continuum:default              - Created 0 project groups.
INFO  Continuum:default              - 1 errors.
INFO  Continuum:default              - 1 errors during project add:
INFO  Continuum:default              - add.project.artifact.not.found.error

At this point it is clear that Continuum is attempting to find parent pom in
the Central repository, is right? But my parent poms are inside Artifactory,
but my company repository is specified inside the settings.xml file in the
conf folder of maven installation.

A stupid question:
Continuum comes with maven or I have also to install maven in the machine
which hosts Continuum?

Thanks again
Raffaele