Here is a link to  one of my recent dances, "The Balter Dance," not written
with beginners in mind...
http://aptsg.org/Dance/dances.html#Balter
A caller  described her experience calling this at  a local dance (which
usually attracts
  a relatively large number of beginners)
        "I called a couple of your dances tonight. there were totally brand new
dancers in the
        mix- folks with not even other dance experience- so even basic stuff
required like 3 walk-thrus.
        We did Dave Found The Missing Coffee Cup, and Balter Dance.
        Balter Dance was particularly well received for its chains for both
ladies and gents,
        which is rare, and works beautifully with the alternating stars.
        One person commented that it was great for helping new dancers, since
you're in
       physical contact with either a partner or neighbor almost all the time,
so you don't
       get lost or wander in the wrong direction."
Does anyone have other dances with connectivity making them appropriate for
crowds with a high proportion of beginners?