Coincidentally, this has been on my mind lately.

I've been doing #2 mostly, and it's been working fine.
This has gone both for dances recently where there's mostly experienced
dancers, as well as a few one-night-stand gigs I've done where nearly all
dancers were new.
The advantage - as I think it's likely you're aware already but for the
purposes of discussion - is to drill in the "which role is on which side"
which is often where new dancers can get mixed up and then lost. (A
neighbor swing before a progression, for example.)

I've done #3, and I also like this, though it needs a bit more time and
hard to do in 15 or 20 minutes with the other things I'm teaching, people
running late, etc.

But, I can see why you haven't settled on one.
Maybe where I'd leave it is: #3 works well if time, but I'd prefer to do #2
if I have 20 minutes or less so that I don't skimp on reinforcing Left Side
/ Right Side through repetition of moves.

Maybe it's time to think about my beginner lesson in detail again, and
refine it again.
I'll do a think, and - Maia - feel free to ping me off this list if you
want to workshop this a bit.

Best regards,
Julian Blechner