"during the average contra evening, you will spend approximately 30 minutes
swinging"

Tangent: I thought "that can't be right" but a little playing with numbers
and I think it is.  My back of the envelope: guess ~12 dances, each ~17
times through, with ~20 beats of swinging per dance.  That's 4k beats of
swinging, which at 118bpm is 35min.  Another way to think of it is that in
a 3hr evening half of your time is dancing and a third of that is swinging.

Jeff