(distribution trimmed back to those who voluntarily joined this
conversation 😉)

That's what I've done with the singing squares I've chosen to
learn/program. In most cases it's trivial to make the change and fit the
meter of the dance/tune, and the quality/helpfulness of the resultant calls
usually improves.

In just one example from "Trail of the Lonesome Pine":

"Do si do, and then your corner you swing,
> you swing her, you promenade her and sing."

easily becomes:

"Do si do, and then your corner you swing,
> yeah, you swing, you promenade (th)'em and sing."

Larks and Robins generally fit where specifying a particular role is
necessary. I never understood why a number of the singers had lines like
"swing that corner lady, put her on the right and..." when the "lady" had
agency of her own and "corner" was enough to distinguish the target.

Some singers will require quite a bit of rejiggering and may end up losing
essence without a lot of clever lyrics revision. Others might not easily
survive scrutiny with today's improved cultural sensitivity - where dated
attitudes and cultural assumptions/biases are firmly embedded.

-Don