Nobody reading this is actually going to care about this, but just because I so
rarely get a chance to correct John, I will.

See this: https://www.kickery.com/2010/10/swing-corners-vs-turn-corners.html

"Turn corners" is two-hand turns, and it involves actives turning *only* their
corners, passing each other rather than turning.

The thing most like a contra-dance contra corners is actually "Swing corners" -
that's one-hand turns, partner right, corner left, partner right, corner left.
That's confusing talking about contra dances because "Swing" means something
altogether different in contra.  (And confusing trying to map from contra back
to Regency-era country dances because 'allemande' means something altogether
different in contra and Regency, but I digress.)

Anyway, it seems to me clear that in contra dancing, the contra corners figure
itself doesn't include anything but those turns with partner and corner.  It is
very typically followed by the actives balance and swing, but that is the next
figure, rather than part of contra corners.

John's point that Wilson's "Turn Corners"- again, I think he means "Swing
Corners" - doesn't include a swing at the end is correct, but I would argue
that this is irrelevant; modern contra "contra corners" doesn't *include* a
swing at the end either, it just is usually the setup for that.  Chris and
Julian have done something unusual in modern contra context.

-- Alan