From: Robert Varga [mailto:n...@hq.sk]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2017 5:23 PM
To: Satish Dutt <sd...@advaoptical.com>;
controller-us...@lists.opendaylight.org; controller-dev@lists.opendaylight.org
Subject: Re: [controller-dev] Getting exception when using Transaction Chain

On 03/06/2017 12:39 PM, Satish Dutt wrote:
> When multiple requests are sent concurrently, IllegalStateException is
> thrown. Is there any way to solve this issue, apart from synchronizing
> the method which does the above operations ?

This is actually part of the API contract:

https://github.com/opendaylight/controller/blob/a81d98f692b80c45bce3fe6a87e731abfb012a9f/opendaylight/md-sal/sal-common-api/src/main/java/org/opendaylight/controller/md/sal/common/api/data/TransactionChain.java#L59

The reason is very simple: if there is a write-capable transaction open and it
has seen some modifications, does the second transaction observe those
modifications as applied or as unapplied?

Bye,
Robert