I found this question on user mailing list, kind of interesting .  Any comments
from controller team.

Regards
Xingjun

From: opendaylight-users-boun...@lists.opendaylight.org
[mailto:opendaylight-users-boun...@lists.opendaylight.org] On Behalf Of QF Qin
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:44 PM
To: opendaylight-us...@lists.opendaylight.org
Subject: [Opendaylight-users] Clustering in ODL(Boron-SR3)

Hi all,

Recently I attempted to deploy a ODL cluster and encountered some questions.

1. Is there any estimation on the bandwidth of inter-controller traffic? I
measured this bandwidth on port 2550 and found it rather large. For example,
for a 3-node cluster over a linear topology of 50 switches, the leader sends
traffic as much as 10 Mbps to any follower. Is it common?

2. Is it possible to assign controllers to switches in a partitioning way? For
example, I have 6 switches and 3 controllers. And I want to:
Assign switch 1, 2 only to controller A;
Assign switch 3, 4 only to controller B;
Assign switch 5, 6 only to controller C.
Does ODL cluster support such setting? When I tried this, the L2 Switch did not
work well.

Thanks,
Qiaofeng