"Johansson, Anders" wrote:

> More or less on the same subject as David, can cooker-firewall run on a
> server that is slow (<= Pentium 200) ?
>
> I have tried it on my P200 w 64MB and like the look and feel of it but the
> administration interface is extremely slow and constantly time out on the
> graphics. My guess is that the excryption is so slow on a slow machine that
> it doesn't deliver the graphics fast enough.
>
> Have anybody had the same problem as I and has anybody tried to run it on a
> eaven slower machine ?
>
>         /Anders

I'm running it on a P-133 49m ram, and no video timeouts, using 100mb
ethernet cards (2), while I'm here, the update feature doesn't work on
mine, and the DHCP is/was giving me hassles, after awhile, it won't
assign any addresses, and configging it breaks /etc/dhcp.conf
otherwise, it runs great if I manually assign static addresses..Since I
triple-boot my main machine behind the firewall, I'm always changing OS,
Mdk 8.0beta, mdk 7.2, and winME. I'm using the iso for an i486 I think.
cheers,
John