Snort 1.7 was put into contribs if I recall.. I made the rpm for it. as for
the config I would look in /etc/snort/snort.conf  Also there are docs
in /usr/share/doc/snort-1.7 if I recall. As for the Network card
you want it to listen on go to

/etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd and edit that file there is a few lines like this

# Specify your network interface here
INTERFACE=eth0

edit to make it work on the interface you want...

-John