As I said in the original message, it is working. I did go into snortd and
set the ethernet port to the one I want to monitor. 1.6.3 is what came with
beta 3. snort.conf does not exist in /etc or /etc/snort.  The RPM that came
with beta 3 uses a file that's called rules.something and calls an incuded
file called vision.rules

Steve