On Wednesday 21 March 2001 10:26, you wrote:
> Has anyone had problems with the adsl connection (pppoe) not starting at
> boot time ? i always have to login and type 'adsl-start'.
> When the firewall is booting, i see the message  'Starting ADSL' after eth0
> and eth1, but it takes a very long time. and nothing happens.
> I also had to edit the /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf file manually and replacing ppp0
> with eth1 before it would connect. Why is that ?
> When i dont change ppp0 in eth1 in the config file, and type 'adsl-start',
> i get the foolowing error : 'ppp0 not active'.
> Why is that ? It seems to me there still are alot of bugs to fix :-(

All these bugs were corrected lately (we had to struggle a bit with ipchains
rules generated from our configuration variables, and while changing several
things in the backend and frontend, we had also introduced new bugs).
ADSL is a bit painful with its two interfaces (ethernet and ppp).

I think the i586 beta 4 should work correctly since it's the most recent
version, at least if you configure your internet access with the web
interface (we have to port the modifications to the installation program).

> And could you also include Bannerfilter as a Squid redirector in the next
> release ?
> I manually installed it because Banerfilter is also cappable of closing
> popup windows automatically.

We'll ask our squid expert kindly on Monday :-)

Regards,
Renaud