Just a suggestion, check your LAN subnet to ensure it is the same as the
firewall.  I have noticed the default on the firewall is 192.168.1.100,
where the default with Lmdk 7.2 is 192.168.0.1.  So, if your LAN is still
at the 192.168.0 net, you will be blocked.  Also, the dhcpd in the
firewall has issues, so if you are using that, you may have other
problems.

I suggest this, because you said you can reach the internet using lynx,
which means your internet access is ok.  On my working firewall (beta4) I
cannot ping, nslookup, or host from the firewall, but can from the client.
 My guess is a problem with the LAN interface/configuration.

Ron

--- Renaud Chaillat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 March 2001 04:33, you wrote:
> > I downloaded Beta 4 and successfully installed it on my firewall
> > machine.  I'm having trouble with some of the configuration though.  I
> > thought I set everything up correctly, but obviously I have not.  I
> > cannot get outside the firewall to the Internet.  I can ping across
> both
> > NICs, and I can get to the Internet using lynx on the firewall
> machine.
> > I have set up Internet access through the NAAT utility, and I have set
> > up the Office section to allow all ports, but I cannot get to the
> > Internet.  I turned logging on for rejected packets, and I'm seeing
> > everything coming into my LAN interface (eth0) is being rejected, as
> > well as the external interface eth1.
> >
> > I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I just don't know what it
> is.
> > Can somebody help?
>
> There are 2 things you can do for us to help you:
> - use the 'backup/restore' menu to save your configuration file
> - on the firewall, type 'ipchains-save > ipchains-rules'  to save
> your filtering rules in a file (by the way, you can use the
> Services/Properties menu and click on 'Details' for the
> bastille-firewall
> service to see the rules from the web interface).
>
> Then send us both files so that we can check your configuration and
> track any bug in our tool.
>
> Since you have set up the internet access through the web interface, it
> should work, and I can't see what could have gone wong, so this may be
> a bug...
>
> > Thank you very much.  I'm very impressed so far with the user
> interface.
> > Very cool!!!
>
> Thanks a lot for your feedback :-)
>
> Renaud