From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Wednesday, March 21, 2001 3:13 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: [Cooker-firewall] Question on initial configuration

Michael Segulja a écrit :

> I downloaded Beta 4 and successfully installed it on my firewall
> machine.  I'm having trouble with some of the configuration though.  I
> thought I set everything up correctly, but obviously I have not.  I
> cannot get outside the firewall to the Internet.  I can ping across
both
> NICs, and I can get to the Internet using lynx on the firewall
machine.
> I have set up Internet access through the NAAT utility, and I have set
> up the Office section to allow all ports, but I cannot get to the
> Internet.  I turned logging on for rejected packets, and I'm seeing
> everything coming into my LAN interface (eth0) is being rejected, as
> well as the external interface eth1.
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I just don't know what it
is.
> Can somebody help?
>
> Thank you very much.  I'm very impressed so far with the user
interface.
> Very cool!!!
>
> Michael

Yes we always have  a problem at the end of the install configuration,
with
Internet Interface and Local Interface.

Have you try to redo the configuration with the Web admin tool ?
( Internet Acces/ Cable,Lan -> to apply )

thank you for your comment on the user interface.

--
Philippe Libat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Linux-Mandrake  http://www.linux-mandrake.com