Greetings,

For a while now, I've been thinking of upgrading my firewall
software.  Presently I'm using NetMAX which is based on RedHat and a 2.2.15
kernel on a P133 with 64 MB ram and Adaptec SCSI controller running 2.1GB
scsi hd and a scsi CD.  It runs fine and I'm happy with it, EXCEPT the
firewall pieces and web based GUI aren't open source.  This makes it hard
for me to customize and makes it very hard to fix bugs.  Also, it isn't
Mandrake (like the faster machines on my LAN).

Recently, I've been following the "SNF 8.2 on P166 and P200..." discussion
and I've been wondering what the actual problem is.  Is it that the
2.4.18-6mdk as compiled for Mandrake 8.2 won't run on a Pentium II?  If not
this, what is the real problem?

Thanks.

David