i'm afraid i'm still not being clear, i'm not asking how much space mnf takes
up, or how much it will use after being installed, but, how much is necessary
in order to install it in the first place, as i have said before, despite
having 1gb over two equal disks and only 200mb actually filled, an upgrade of
snf using cooker failed due to 'lack of space', clearly the upgrade process
required far more space on my disks than i was actually going to choose
packages for, i'm trying to ascertain the smallest disk i need to install mnf
on, i'm aware that post-install space is used up by urpmi and var, that is
why i currently have /var on a separate disk, however since mnf is only
taking up 200mb of space i would like to remove one of the disks for
something else and put /var on a smaller partition, if mnf won't install on
one 500mb disk, or future upgrades via a cooker upgrade or just using urpmi
will still fail then i can't, because i'll need to have the spare space even
if i'm not using it so that i can keep the system uptodate,
perhaps i'm the only one who had an 'out of space' error trying to upgrade
from cooker and that is causing the confusion,
when i refer to (s)mnf i mean selecting snf-en only and letting the install
continue from there, nothing that is not provided by that,

bascule

--
'Life's like a beach. And then you die.'
(Small Gods)