Took a look at System.map - seems those messages are coming from:

c00a8fc4 t put_cmd640_reg_pci1
c00a9044 t get_cmd640_reg_pci1
c00a90c8 t put_cmd640_reg_pci2
c00a9158 t get_cmd640_reg_pci2
c00a91e4 t put_cmd640_reg_vlb
c00a9260 t get_cmd640_reg_vlb

The help on cmd640 mentions it's a common, buggy implementation on x86
motherboards - probably safe to drop it.  I'll throw another kernel up -

ftp://ftp.mandrakesoft.com/pub/sbenedict/vmlinux-no640

c0005840 T synchronize_irq
c0005874 T __global_cli
c0005a78 T __global_sti
c0005af0 T __global_save_flags

This looks to be part of the IRQ implementation on PPC:

arch/ppc/kernel.irq.c - don't think we'll be losing this ;^)

The SMP is intentional, but not for the RPM kernel.  In 2.2, I couldn't
boot an SMP kernel on a non-SMP machine, with this one it seems I can, and
I'm considering using this kernel in the next iteration of the installer,
so both type of machines can use it, and maybe we can get more machines
running the graphical install, if I can get the Xpmac speed to pick up a
bit.

The AGP vs. PCI is probably due to switching to BenH's drivers.  Is your
actual card AGP or PCI?

Any feedback from the folks with the X lockup problem?

Thanks for testing,

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA      http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/