I'm running Norton Disk Doctor - let's hope that it can work some magic, otherwise, I'm afraid I'm hosed.

Brice D Ruth wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"> OK, I checked out an OF boot help page and did the following:

devalias macos /pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/ata-4@1f000/disk@0:11,\\:tbxi

store the alias back to NVRAM and then reset and tried it - I get the following message from OF:

MAC-PARTS: bad partition can't OPEN: macos

Am I 100% hosed w/ no hope of recovery?

-Brice

Brice D Ruth wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">How would I go about booting to my MacOS partition from OF, knowing which partition holds it?

-Brice

Brice D Ruth wrote:

OK, I used pdisk for MacOS to delete my 'boot' and YDL partition, leaving my MacOS parition intact (hda11).   I booted to the install ISO using OF (thank you Stew) and went through and let DiskDrake set up some partitions for me - /, /home, and swap.  It didn't touch my HFS partition, so everything looked good.  It then went through and formatted those partitions and then continued the install.

Bang.

It couldn't find the RPM list for CD1 (don't know why) - and I couldn't get past that step, so I rebooted - using my MacOS Install CD which then informed me that my HFS partition was fsck'd and it wanted to initialize it.  Now what?

I'm at a loss ... what can I do here, folks?

-Brice

--
WebProjkt, Inc.
(ph) 773.562.1008