I downloaded this kernel from penguinppc.org/~benh. I think I got all the
config done right for my machine. The kernel seemed to work fine as far as
the exiting X problem. I had no problems at all. The 2.4 kernel really is
incredibly fast. One problem though, my damn PPP still won't work. In fact
even using the control center left it saying it could not open the modem. I
tried minicom and it said there was no such device as ttyS0.