Hi Sylvain,

I can't really help you with the first two questions - sorry ;(

As for airport stuff, the first place to start is loading the module
that supports the airport card, airport.o - the maintainer of this code
is Ben Herrenschmidt, his site is a good place to start if you start
running into problems.

You'll also need the iwtools package - this package works similarly to
ifconfig, with the distinction being its configuration of wireless
capabilities.  Once you have a system that loads the airport module
correctly (which Mandrake should - I didn't have any problems with it)
something to the following effect should get things going for you:

/sbin/modprobe airport
/sbin/ifconfig eth1 up
/sbin/iwconfig eth1 essid webprojkt rate 5.5M
/sbin/dhcpcd -d eth1

The first line loads the airport driver.  The second line brings up the
interface, the third line configures its wireless capabilities - my
airport base station id is 'webprojkt' and I the 'rate 5.5M' is optional
- this is what I have my speed set to.  Finally, running the dhcp client
retrieves an IP address from the base station - if you don't have DHCP
enabled on your base station, you'll have to use ifconfig to configure
the broadcast/netmask/IP address of the interface as well as setting
things like DNS servers, default routes, etc.

I don't use WEP on my network, so if you need WEP, you'll need to check
out the various resources on line - just search for WEP and airport and
Linux and you should find some decent pages.

HTH
Brice