Ainsi parlait Brice D Ruth :
> >Does someone use (I think i will copy and paste 'Does someone use' from
> > now ;-) French layout for keyboard? For me q=a and a=a.. So I can't write
> > 'q' (not cool to do rpm -qa :-)
For console, use mac-fr3 keymap. Use loadkeys mac-fr3 in console, or change
it directly in initialisation scripts.
For X, see http://www.linux-france.org/article/materiel/mac, they got some
tips and files.

Also, this is a copy of an old message i posted there, but before the list
was archived (10 Jun 2001):

We had a number of problems with keyboard under X. We finally solved it by
using the rpm found here
http://www.linux-france.org/article/materiel/mac/tc/kbd-mac-fr-2.2-1.noarch.rpm
and using the following X configuration :
    Option "XkbSymbols" "macintosh/fr"
    Option "XkbKeycodes" "macintosh-adb-fr"
    Option "XkbGeometry" "macintosh"
    Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
    Option "XkbModel" "macintosh"
    Option "XkbLayout" "fr"

Note that we used the 2.2 version of the package, since we are currently
using a 2.2.19 kernel with old input layer for keyboard input. According to
my fellow local macintosh guru, pending switch to 2.4 kernel will force to
upgrade to latest 3 version of this package.

Just a last problem, with compose keys : ^ isn't a dead key, waiting for
another input, but immediatly output ^.
--
Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG key http://bohm.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html