Hi,

I'm trying to install Linux Mandrake RC1 for PPC on my Power Mac 4400
series computer. It's actually a Powertools Infinity 4200 machine, but
the motherboard is an Apple PowerMac 4400 series, used in multiple
Motorola and MacTell configurations.  200Mhz 604e.

Anyhoo...

I can't get it to recognize SCSI.  I've tried both the MESH and a couple
other SCSI modules, but none work.  The MESH module actually worked
once, but then crapped out (it got to "Second Install Stage" or
something, and then screen went blank and rebooted.)  MESH now just
causes a Kernel Panic and then just reboots after 180 seconds.

Any help? I've scanned the articles here, saw that someone else was
having a similar issue. Has this been fixed, or is there a workaround?
Maybe a different module or kernel?

If it helps, I have gotten LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 working on it before.  I
also have Linux Mandrake 8.0 x86 on my AMD Athlon 800Mhz machine, and I
love it.  Soon as I found out a version of Mandrake for PPC was out, I
had to try it :)

Thanks,

-Z