On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 01:01:47PM -0600, Vincent Danen wrote:
> On Mon Aug 20, 2001 at 06:39:35PM +0000, james McCorkle wrote:
>
> > xkill, in a blank space on the desk top?
> > it works in x86.
>
> Do I need to open a terminal to do this?  If so, then that's a
> problem... I had X hang on a startx so all that was there was the grey
> X screen... prior to anything like gnome loading (which never did
> load).  Trying to switch to a virtual console (CTRL-ALT-F1) did not
> work either so I tried to kill X with keystrokes (which is what I'm
> looking for).

He's talking about xkill the icon on the desktop that lets you kill
a specific application by clicking on it.  Very handy when netscape dies
(yes I'm running Netscape in this distribution, it's a well guarded
secret as to how <g>).

However, this does little good in your situation.
Ctrl+Option(Alt)+Delete works just fine for me.  I think your keyboard
layout is messed up.  Try changing:
Option "XkbRules" "xfreex86"
Option "XkbRules" "macintosh"

I was having some weird behavior on mine before I did this.
However, I have yet to figure out how to switch virtual terminals.  From
what I've heard it uses the Command(apple) key which I have remapped to
a mouse button.  So that may be why I can't get it to work.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

Wizard's First Rule - People are stupid, they will believe anything
if they want it to be true or they fear it is true - Terry Goodkind