I was using yellowdog linux's dist before switching over to mandrake
yesterday and for some reason the X server is failing to correctly
initialize.  The chip is an ati 3d rage L mobility.  My 2nd install cd was
fragged, so if the server is on that cd, perhaps I just need it for the
solution.  But everything seemed to be intact as far as the XFree86
servers being installed.  Oddly enough, the display section of drakxconf
detects my diplay as a 1024x768 powerbook display instead of the 800x600
ibook lcd.  I assume that the mach64 server which x is trying to use,
actually doesn't work with my rage mobility.  Has anyone else had luck
with a similiar first generation ibook?  Any suggestions?  I would prefer
to stay with mandrake instead of moving back to linuxppc, yellowdog linux
or OS X.  Thanks.

        David

                     .
                    / V\         David William Bryson