Hi,

though I'm still having difficulties installing Mandrake-PPC myself (due to
partitioning problems) I maybe can help you out a bit. The machine you want
to install is a "new world" machine, right? I suggest you should use yaboot
to boot your system. I think that the option root device: /dev/ram3 is the
driver you need to create the ramdisk.

Greetings, Wijnand.