On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Xavier wrote:

> errorOpeningFile Mandrake/mdkinst/usr/bin/perl-install/po/en_US.po
> errorOpeningFile Mandrake/mdkinst/usr/bin/perl-install/po/en.po

normal

> Later I also see:
>
> kmod:failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k nls_cp437, errno=2
> kmod:failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno=2

this is OK - it's trying various modules

> Hope this helps a little.  Of course, when it panics it still gives me:
>
> sda9Kernel panic: Kernel access of bad area pc c015ea40 lr c01f1564
> address 6960 tsk insmod_138

here it succeeds loading some module - and then bye-bye =(

> Do you think repartitioning my drives would work?

Shouldn't matter, but who knows - do you have an sda9? Can you run the
MacOS version of pdisk?  See doc/mandrake-ppc.html on the CD for the URL

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA      http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC Faq: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker-ppc&m=99441208917647&w=