On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 08:06:58PM -0500, Stew Benedict wrote:
> That's entirely possible and something I overlooked.  I dropped a larger
> drive in my iMac and recall hitting a scenario in one of my tests where it
> would not boot.  I think Ben or someone mentioned an issue with OF on the
> older machines that may be the limiting factor here.  I don't suppose you
> have a way of getting /boot farther down in the partition table?

Yes that's probably it he has an iMac Rev B.  Which is an affected
machine.

The following document from Apple covers this problem though they are
only talking about OSX.  But it apply's to Linux if the bootstrap isn't
in the first 8GB too on these particular machines.

Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence.
Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without
fighting." -Chinese philosopher Sun Tzu