i've been using the beta on my Tibook for a few days now(i'm writing this
email
on it) and i love it. I did another fresh install just to see if the screen
problem(not centered == not correct resilution) and mouse problem(trackpad
dosen't work right) were cause by chousing the incorrect settings.

- i made sure that i chouse "Apple|TiPowerbook 1152x768" and"USB 1 button
mouse"(is trackpad USB?)
and when i boot into x
the mouse didn't move and the screen looked off center. to fix the screen
issue
i edited /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (thanks stew)
the Monitor type was correct but the mode was "1024x768" instead of
"1152x768".
so with the change of a few chars the screen looks beautiful(well almost, i
think i need to play with refresh rate or something).

- and the mouse:
/ect/sysconfig/mouse:

MOUSETYPE=ps/2
XMOUSETYPE=PS/2
FULLNAME="USB|1 button"
XEMU3=yes
WHEEL=no
device=usbmouse

if i boot using "linux 3" then do startx the mouse works but if i boot
regularly it dosen't. haven fixed this one yet.

- other stuff:
- Control Center just exists randomly(ie, boot->bootconfig)

don't get me wrong... i think this is the best mandrake yet, these are just
some
minor bugs that i found while using it(it is a beta right?)

thanks
mike