On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 12:19:28PM -0500, Stew Benedict wrote:
> While I had the TiBook, I should have looked more at the modem, I know it
> wasn't detected during the test installs here, but it may be the same case
> as the ibook2, a "soft" modem. The cdrom was setup fine here, with devfs.

The Titanium's with ATI cards have hard modems in them.  They are
detected and work just fine.  The Titanium's with nVidia cards in them
have a proprietary soft modem in them that Apple and the manufacturer of
the soft modem (the name escapes me) have not released the specs on.  So
until this happen, which appears unlikely, there will not be support for
internal modems on these newer machines.

Basically if you don't like it go beg apple for the specs.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi