but how do i rearrange the partitions without a cd?  It's kinda like the
chicken and the egg.  I may need to just get an external cd-rom.

andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Stew Benedict [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 1:52 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Network boot problems

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Kener, Andy wrote:

> Do you have any suggestions on how I can get Mandrake installed?  dying
> here, hehe :)

Your CD is just broken? At a mimimum you need to get a kernel and stage1
in a position to load up, via yaboot or whatever. You might be able to do
this from an hfs partition and OF:

Make an hfs partition.
Put the contents of /boot of the CD on it. (ftp from another machine?)
Boot from OF using boot hd:X,\\:yaboot (X=partition number you created)

Haven't tried this, but in theory it should work.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/