On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Henrik Farre wrote:

> Yello
>
> On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 13:46:41 -0500 (EST)
> Stew Benedict <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > no line wrap? I have wrap set to 74 chars
>
> > OK, when I went to reply it was all one long line. No biggie.
>
> :)
>
> > How much RAM in this machine? I can't say I've ever seen a panic during
> > package install either, but maybe something with your hardware and the
> > kernel just don't get along.
>
> 80Mb ram. I had yellow dog linux/debian running but I like mdk :) So linux should
>work.

That should be enough. It could be something in the mdk kernel and your
hardware, or something else going on. you could also try the 2.2 kernel
and stage1 image, or post some details of the panic that happens during
package install.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/