A few Things I’ve noticed since I’ve installed mandrake on my powerbook.

            Gnome: Application “bonibo-moniker-archiverSegfaults when gnome is starting just before nautilus begins.  (I’m left with the red “root” backround similar to KDE’s.)   (if I try and access it through the gnome control panel same thing happens.)

            Sound: While a sound card was detected during the installation, at bootup it loads the sound module (dmasound_pmac), and there is a slight tick I can hear through the speakers at the point when it loads.  When gnome loads Application “/usr/bin/sound-properties-control” Segfaults, and Crashes.  (if I start in KDE I get the error “SNDCTL_DSP_SETMFT” Failed –Invalid Argument, the sound server will continue to use the null output device.)

            Samba: At Startup Both SMB, and NMB services fail.

            Any help would be great.

~

Thanks,

Art Napor