On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 06:05:10PM +0100, Colin Ward wrote:
> I've had those same pmud problems since the 8.2beta1 release. I did post
> them here and there was a pmud update, it didn't fix the problem for me. The
> only way i can get pmud to work on the ibook is to use one of benh's
> kernels. You even get a nice little bat meter in status bar and acurate
> readout for charging-useage etc. But if i use that kernel my Speed touch
> modem refuses to work, which sucks. Everything eles works though, very well.

You should be able to get this just by loading the apm_emu module.

This will load it whenver you want:
modprobe apm_emu

add this to your /etc/modules to make it always load:
apm_emu

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi