On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 09:11:01PM +1000, Nick Texidor wrote:
> you're a legend Stew!!
>
> Out of curiosity, is there anywhere that has these little bits of
> information?  Any websites somewhere?  If not, then I might look at
> adding a page to mine that answers a lot of these (basic?) questions,
> i.e., the little anomalies such as mouse problems require a reboot, and
> where to set ESSID's for airport networks.  It's wonderful having you
> and Ben here, but I really don't know where to start looking to get some
> of these questions answered.   I'm not a new Linux user, yet I felt like
> it with some of these questions this morning...  there doesn't appear to
> be any documentation that has the answers to these sorts of questions.

FYI the ESSID's are not PPC or even Airport specific.  Same setup is
used for wireless on x86 Mandrake.  Not sure about other
distributions...

> One of the other ones that totally eludes me is how to tell trackpad to
> always disable tap option.  I recall that you answered this question
> once with a 'read the documentation'... but unless I'm looking in the
> wrong places, I see no documentation for trackpad.  So this is another
> good candidate for a LM PPC FAQ.   Maybe we need a generic LM FAQ site,
> which is easy to use to find this sort of information.

This should answer your trackpad issue:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker-ppc&m=100069829128957&w=2

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi