On Thu, 16 May 2002, Patrick Ladam wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Installed 8.2 on my G3 BW and I must say it works great (first distro to have
> everything
> working right after the install...bye bye YDL...)
>
> I have an additional 30GB IDE hard drive partitioned in two:
>
> -/dev/hdf6 is an Apple HFS partition, I can mount it with no problem under 8.2
>
> -/dev/hdf7 that is an SVR2 partition that I CAN'T get to mount whatever tool I
> use to
> partition it (pdisk under MacOS or XFdrake under 8.2)
> Everytime, mount gives me an error message about this rebel partition like it's
> not
> the correct fs...
> tried a bunch of variation around 'mount -t ext2 /dev/hdf7 /mnt/yap15' with no
> succes.

Silly question - did you mke2fs and create the filesystem after the
pdisk/diskdrake activity?

> This rebel ext2 partition gives me a hard time, does anybody have this type of
> problem?
> Any clue?
>
> By the way, is there any KDE 3 PPC rpm available for 8.2 yet? What about
> open-office 1.0

KDE3 rpms are in cooker contrib, but built on and for 8.2.  I'm still
beating on OpenOffice, but Kevin Hendricks PPC build seems to run fine on
8.2.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.openproject.net #cooker-ppc