Le 2002.05.26 12:32, [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
> need to clarify my last comment:
>
> I can open (on Win98) the MDK8.2 final CD and see directories but both
>
> /boot/.. and /Boot/.. files are not accessible anymore. Was definitly
> different in 8.2.b2
>
> So is MacOS9 or 8.5++ required to read files off CDs now?
>
> Michael

Reminds me of my nightmare when installing 8.2 last week : I first
burned the iso's with Toast Titanium on an Imac. BUT : Toast mounted
two versions of the first iso on the desktop of the mac : one with Dos
names for files (which was clearly bad), one second with names that
seemed to be almost correct for files. I burned the second and tried to
install with it.

The first install steps were right but when installing packages, there
was a lot of refused packages (and some very important ones : setup,
filesystem, initscripts...). The iso's were good. But the burned CD was
in a wrong format : some names of rpms, because longer than 32 chars,
were truncated !
The burned CD was announced by Toast to be in a "Mac/PC" hybrid format,
which I thought was good. It wasn't : file names were HFS names.

I didn't find any way to burn the iso directly with the good format in
Toast (is there any ?)
The solution I found was to burn the iso with  Linux using directly
cdrecord (cdrecord -v speed=something dev=something xxxxx.iso). And I
got a correct CD.

I did the same with the second one.
And it worked like a charm.

Bertrand Dekoninck.

PS : I will post a report of my installation on an oldworld mac in a
few days, after finishing testing...