On 7/6/02 00:03, "Stew Benedict" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Jeroen Diederen wrote:
>
>> Hi all there !
>>
>> I succeeded in embedding my Apple Laserwriter 320 into the CUPS netatalk
>> daemon. This is what I did:
>>
>> I downloaded a newly developed pap backend script, written by Rainer
>> Ruprechtsberger, located at http://www.oeh.uni-linz.ac.at/~rupi/pap .
>>
>> I moved the file to /usr/lib/cups/backend and made it executable.
>>
>> Then I copied the Laserwriter 320 ppd file from my OSX system
>> (/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/LaserWriter 320) to
>> /usr/share/cups/model and named it aplw3201.ppd. I restarted cups and added
>> a new printer with the web utility. The Laserprinter is recognised now
>> automatically. The rest is easy......
>>
>> So Stew, it would be fantastic to include this in the following Mandrake,
>> don't you think ? You could add all Apple printer models from the OSX
>> library and copy them into the /usr/share/cups/model directory. You can then
>> also add the pap backend script in the netatalk package, which automatically
>> detects the connected Appletalk printer.
>>

> I can add that script, barring any licensing issues, but I can't be taking
> OS/X stuff and adding it to Mandrake. (don't have OS/X anyway)
>
> I maintian netatalk, so I'll check out the script.
>
> Stew Benedict

I think you can add this ppd file, look here:

*PPD-Adobe: "4.2"
*% Adobe Systems PostScript(R) Printer Description File
*% Copyright 1987-1996 Adobe Systems Incorporated and
*% Apple Computer Incorporated.
*% All Rights Reserved.
*% Permission is granted for redistribution of this file as
*% long as this copyright notice is intact and the contents
*% of the file is not altered in any way from its original form.
*% End of Copyright statement

It is the beginning of the laserwriter 320 file...interested ?
Best regards,

Jeroen Diederen
http://diederen.demon.nl