There are new pbbuttonsd, gtkpbbuttons and powerprefs RPMS up on my
site.  The changelogs are as follows:

pbbuttonsd:
* Tue Jun 04 2002 Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0.4.9-2brs

- Added nopowermanagement patch that allows you to disable
  pbbuttonsd power management features.  Really handy since
  it seems to be buggy.
- Fixed init script.  restart was missing and reload didn't
  work right.

gtkpbbuttons:
* Sat Jun 08 2002 Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0.4.6b-2brs

- Rebuild against pbbuttonsd-0.4.9-2brs

powerprefs
* Sat Jun 08 2002 Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0.2-2brs

- Rebuild against pbbuttonsd-0.4.9-2brs

The new RPMS can be found at:
http://mirror.brain.org/linux/breser/ppc/8.2/RPMS
ftp://mirror.brain.org/linux/breser/ppc/8.2/RPMS
rsync://mirror.brain.org::breser/ppc/8.2/RPMS

They're also available via urpmi/rpmdrake if you've added the source as
described in a previous email.

This update was primarly done because well pbbuttonsd power management
is horribly buggy.  I'm quite happy with the way pmud manages my laptop
power.  So I added an option to disable pbbuttonsd power management
features.  The option is "nopowermanagement = yes" and defaults to no.
It's documented in the man page for pbbuttonsd.conf.

When upgrading you will need to log out of X and back in or start
gtkpbbuttons again by hand.  You can just do this as yourself by running:
gtkpbbuttons -d
It will be automatically started the next time you log in.

Hope everyone finds this useful.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

We tend to see all wars through the lens of the current conflict, and we
mine history for lessons convenient to the present purpose.
- Brian Hayes