On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Jeroen Diederen wrote:

> On 30/6/02 21:12, "Jeroen Diederen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On 30/6/02 20:57, "Jeroen Diederen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Until now, I succeeded. I did a text install with a 2.4 kernel on a PM 7600.
> >> In the beginning it didn't work because I did a graphics install. I saw a
> >> lot of strange lines. After reboot and setting initrd and vmlinuz, I get an
> >> error message, saying:
> >> Kernel panic. No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel
> >>
> >> Do I need to put something in the kernel arguments field ?
> >>

> > Sorry, I checked the old posts, it now worked !
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Jeroen Diederen
> > http://diederen.demon.nl
> >

> Now the mouse doesn't work. I want to modify the XF86Config-4 file, what do
> I need to put for input device instead of PS/2 ? Is use a PowerMac 7600...
> Best regards,

Doesn't work in kdm?  It's a kdm issue that doesn't show up with the other
graphical login managers nor if you run in runlevel 3 and use startx.
PS/2 is correct, as well as usbmouse.  The kernel drivers as configured
treat adb and usb the same.

/dev/mouse -> /dev/usbmouse -> /dev/input/mice

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.openproject.net #cooker-ppc